*As a result of the new national restrictions being put in place, services in the Christ Church building are suspended from 2nd November 2020) until further notice. Streamed services are planned to continue weekly every Sunday as before.*
Our services take place at 11am on Sunday mornings and are also streamed online. You are welcome to join us in person or via our live broadcast on Facebook as we come together in worship.
Our services will comply fully with government guidelines and therefore the following points need to be noted for those attending in person:
- A record of those attending will be kept for the purposes of track and trace.
- Face masks must be worn by members of the congregation while in the building.
- No hymn books, service sheets or other material will be available for issue. If you wish to have a Bible please bring your own.
- There will be no congregational singing of hymns
- Social distancing must be observed in the building and the seating in the chapel will be arranged accordingly.
- Movement around the building will be limited – there will be no access to the kitchen and meeting rooms.
- There will be no refreshments available and at the end of the service all should leave the building with as little delay as possible.
In order to make a prompt start please arrive by 10.50am and take your seat in the chapel.
Our church services in the building will be broadcast online via our church Facebook page in order to continue to make our services available to those who are unable to attend services in our church building.
The camera to enable the broadcasting to take place will be at the back of the chapel and so faces of the congregation will not be seen in the broadcast. There will be some seating available outside of the camera view.
We meet via Zoom after the service for a virtual coffee and chat. The link for this will be shared at the end of the service in the comments on the live-streamed broadcast on Facebook and all are welcome to join us.
1st – Christ Church worship group
8th – Ms Jo Davies (Methodist local preacher) (Remembrance Sunday) (starts at 10.50am)
15th – Rev’d Elizabeth Welch (retired URC minister)
22nd – Christ Church worship group
29th – Rev’d Andrew Pottage (Methodist superintendent minister)
Further links to online worship material
The URC and Methodist Church also have resources online for ways to continue to worship throughout this time and you can find links to these below.
- United Reformed Church Worshipping Digitally
- United Reformed Church Daily Devotions
- Methodist Church Worship during the coronavirus pandemic
- Methodist Church Prayer of the Day
Our youth members can also find devotional material produced by the Boys’ Brigade on their #BBatHome website. Weekly devotional videos are shared here. There are two videos produced each week – one for under 11’s and one for over 11’s.