Our services take place at 11am each Sunday in our church building and are also broadcast online on our Facebook page.
Following the Government’s announcement on the relaxing of restrictions there will be the following changes to services from 25th July:
- Whilst wearing a face covering is no longer mandatory, we continue to encourage those attending services to wear one.
- Social distancing is no longer required, but please be aware of other people’s comfort zones with regards to distancing. The seating layout in the chapel will remain unchanged initially.
- Please continue to sanitise your hands on arrival at the church and when leaving the building.
- Please ask if you would like to have a hymn book or Bible. There will be no printed orders of service, but the order of service will be available on the church website from the Friday before the service.
- Congregational singing of hymns will be allowed.
- Refreshments will be served in paper cups after the service. Please feel free to bring a reusable cup if you prefer. Access to the kitchen will be restricted.
- Details will no longer be taken for test and trace, but you may use the QR code to scan in if you wish.
Please note that although the restrictions are relaxing, Covid has not gone away and cases are currently rising. It is therefore important to continue to be cautious and to act carefully. We are aware that there are many who will welcome the relaxing of restrictions but are also mindful that there are others in our congregation who may feel more vulnerable and anxious. Please be aware of other people’s comfort levels with regards to Covid-safety measures.
We pray for God’s blessing and guidance for our church as we move together out of lockdown restrictions.
4th – Mr Graham Hinton (URC lay preacher and member of Christ Church)
11th – Dr Samuel Kow Arthur (Methodist local preacher)
18th – Mrs Cathy Smith (Methodist local preacher)
25th – Rev’d Jonathan Dean (URC minister) (Holy Communion with ordination/induction of elders)
1st – Mrs Lilian Evans (URC lay preacher)
8th – Christ Church worship group
15th – Mrs Joanne Davies (Methodist local preacher)
22nd – Christ Church worship group
29th – Rev’d Dr Claire Potter (Methodist minister) (Holy Communion)
Further links to online worship material
The URC and Methodist Church also have resources online for ways to continue to worship throughout this time and you can find links to these below.
- United Reformed Church Worshipping Digitally
- United Reformed Church Daily Devotions
- Methodist Church Worship during the coronavirus pandemic
- Methodist Church resources for spiritual sustenance while in isolation
Our youth members can also find devotional material produced by the Boys’ Brigade on their #BBatHome website. Weekly devotional videos are shared here. There are two videos produced each week – one for under 11’s and one for over 11’s.